Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Weekend Fun


This weekend I needed a little stress relief so I went to the fabric store and bought 5 different kinds of fabric. I

didn't know exactly what I would be making but I knew I needed to make something cute I would be proud of. Due to homework I only made one thing this weekend but I think it's incredibly adorable!



What do you think?



Also this weekend Jessie and I were alone in the apartment which was...fun. But we decided to invite people over for dinner. We have been hanging out with these boys in our ward for a while and our neighbor had joined in our fun. Last weekend we did a puzzle. This weekend we did another! It was one of the Disney puzzles my family has had for forever and it was so fast and so fun. It's nice to use my brain in a different way. Sunday while they were over we also played guitar for a while and had fun goofing off and singing. It made me decide to find someone that enjoys music like I do as my future hubby.

Idona (I have no idea how to spell his name...) is a recent convert from Hati...oh great story about him... Rigdon, Melanie and Lundy with out Snow White puzzle...



Idona (ee-doe-nuh) is from Hati and moved into the house across the street from me. Like I said earlier Ridgon and Lundy have been spending a lot of time at our apartment. A couple weekends ago they were over and there was a knock at the door. I hate answering the door and ignored it until someone said "um...are you going to answer that...?" SO I answered the door and it was the sister missionaries...oops. So they came in and told us they were teaching someone that just moved in across the street from us. Lundy is our ward mission leader and Rigdon is a ward missionary (talk about luck sisters!) They talked to the missionaries about the person they were teaching and found out he's from Hati and speaks Hatian Creole and French. Lucky for the missionaries Lundy also speaks French! So Lundy went with them to meet Idona and teach him. Idona was baptized the weekend after. How coooool! They must have been inspired to knock on our door not the one next to us. Love it!

No comments: