Monday, May 28, 2012

VEGAS!

So this past weekend I went down to Vegas with Brandon.
We left Friday morning and stopped in St. George at the temple and did baptisms. Then we ate lunch, visited my friend Ariel and made the rest of the journey to Vegas. It was a beautiful drive with no traffic and it was great just to be able to sit with him and talk to him for a six hour drive. We made our way to the Layton's house where we were staying. After we figured out where they lived and got changed we made our way over to the Las Vegas temple just to make sure we could find it (even though we had a GPS....hmmm) After that we drove down to the strip and parked at the Venetian. That hotel is probably my favorite. But we walked through it and made our way to the strip to see the night shows. We went to Treasure Island BUT they canceled the show because of the wind. Then we went to Caesars Palace and walked around the BEAUTIFUL mall with the stone floors, fountains, circle escalators oh my gosh everything there is AMAZING. After that we walked to the Bellagio and watched the fountain show. (we walked behind two guys smoking pot and Brandon didn't notice and I tried to get him to stop and look at stuff but he wanted to keep walking and I was terrified because I know those guys know that I saw it and I was thinking, "I'm going to get killed on the Vegas strip because I *caught* someone smoking pot...shoot") It was beautiful. The song when we were walking up was "Your Song." Which immediately reminded me of dad and I was like well that's not so romantic. Then we stayed for the next show which was "My Heart Will Go On" Also not a super romantic song (HE DIES!) so we watched the show and then we went and got dinner at Chipotle YUM and walked back to the car. As we were walked back we noticed everyone lining up so we checked and the volcano show was about to happen so we found a perfect spot to stand where we could see everything but we were away from the crowd. After that we went back to the Layton's and watched a movie with them and went to bed. They were really such a lovely family to stay with they were so kind to us and so gracious for letting us stay there.
Saturday morning we went to the Las Vegas temple to do baptisms. It was a weird experience because there were only 3 temple workers so that was WEIRD but they put Brandon to work and that was cool. After the temple we went back and changed. We went down to the strip and went to a hotel with a MASSIVE aquarium where they have mermaids AND they feed the fish so that was cool to see. We were too early for the mermaids but it was still cool to watch them feed the sting rays. After that we went to the MGM and tried to see the lions but they were gone :-( And they were doing UFC at the MGM this weekend so it was CRAZY packed. We then walked to Excalibur and Luxor and walked around. The hotels in Vegas are really out of this world. I've been there before but this time it was better for some reason and I loved it. After that we went back to the MGM to move my car to the Venetian for the show. We went to the Venetian and walked around the mall and sat and relaxed for a while until we met up with Brooklyn (one of the Layton's nieces) THEN we went into Phantom and it was AMAZING. It really was I encourage everyone to see it. After Phantom we went to dinner at Olive Garden and then we went back to the Layton's and went to bed.
Sunday morning we woke up and went to a 9am ward then hit the road. We made it back on ONE tank of gas and in 4.5 hours... How Nathan did it I have no idea... BUT we are alive and it was a wonderful weekend. :-)
St George Temple

Treasure Island

Caesars Palace

Volcano Show


Las Vegas Temple



I love palm trees and these were so cute! 

Creepiest man ever





It was so AMAZING

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you guys got to see it! It is so amazing. hope we can see it again sometime before it ends!!