Sunday, July 3, 2011

A different themed rant

So...I often complain about how being single sucks when you're living in Provo and how EVERYONE else is dating and I'm alone woe is me blah blah blah. But lately I've been okay with being single. It's not that big a deal. Yeah I don't have anyone to cuddle up to and be all lovey with but I'm good. I have friends that I can hang out with and spend time with. We have fun and enjoy life. And I know this is so hypocritical BUT I am so tired of EVERY singles ward Relief Society. They always complain about how being single sucks and how they're so old and they just need to be married already and move on with their lives. Just because you're single doesn't mean you have to stand still and not progress in your life. Finally someone said something today that helped with the "I'm 19 and single" crap. She pointed out that we live in the Provo bubble and that in the world outside of the bubble it's okay to be 21 and single. That's your prime! You should still be single...they feel bad for the people that are 19 and married. I think it's okay to want to be with someone but you don't have to constantly turn every lesson in church to "I'm not married so my life sucks" You're life can be great if you make it great you just have to let it be.

That's all....just a rant.

:-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice! I like it. I actually wanted to at least be 21 before getting married and that worked out. Although it wouldn't have been bad if I'd been older either :) My parents were hoping I'd be about 24 when I got married.